Myanmar Maternal and Child Welfare Association (MMCWA) is a voluntary organization and it was founded on 30th April, 1991. In line with the National Health Policy, MMCWA has been contributing complementary assistance in service provision in health care delivery as a leading NGO and providing a fruitful shouldering to achieve the Sustainable Development Goal (SDGs).
For further information, please go to www.mmcwa-myanmar.org
|Job Title||Executive Director|
|Organization||Myanmar Maternal and Child Welfare Association (MMCWA)|
|Department||International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF)|
|Duty station||Nay Pyi Taw (frequently travel to project sites)|
Myanmar Maternal and Child Welfare Association(MMCWA) invites a Myanmar National committed person, well orientated with sexual and reproductive health programmes to apply for a vacant post to be filled at Myanmar Maternal and Child Welfare Association, Nay Pyi Taw. MMCWA is a collaborating partner of IPPF since 1994 providing SRH services. This person will be responsible to act as an Executive Director of SRH programme to MMCWA-IPPF.
- Be able to prepare budgets and annual workplans and establish accountability standard for grant and budget tracking.
- Ensure compliance with local and donor regulations.
- Serve as a custodian of all legal and regulatory/Statutory documents and complies with relevant laws and regulations, both at Local and at IPPF Level.
- Ensure programme quality through development and implementation of standards and controls.
- Assure proper planning, relationship building and communication with key persons concerned.
- Be able to be abreast with significant trends in the Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Be able to promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of work plan developed.
- Prepare official correspondence on behalf of MMCWA to be sent to IPPF.
- Prepare status and analytical reports asnecessary and submit to IPPF through MMCWA.
- Supervise other staff employed for IPPF and ensure harmonious team work.
- Conduct other duties of MMCWA as assigned.
Management and reporting arrangements
The Executive Director reports to the President of MMCWA and focal persons of IPPF East and South East and Oceania Regional (IPPF ESEAOR) Office and works in close collaboration with SRH programe and staffs. The Executive Director will lead the SRH programme supported by MMCWA and IPPF ESEAOR.
- A minimum of Master’s Degree in Public Health / Business Administration/ Management.
- At least 10 years of overall Professional experience in a demonstrable broad programme, financial and operations management.
- Experience in Family Planning or Women’s Health is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal and effective communication skills.
- Be able to conduct field travel within the country and work under difficult conditions
- Experience in writing proposals is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be able to speak and write good English.
- Have good Computing and Computer Skills (Microsoft Office package)
- Age under 55 years is preferable.
Interested candidates with the required qualifications are welcome to submit an application with cover letter, curriculum vitae including three references to the firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: "Application for Executive Director”. The candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications: Not later than 15th January 2020.
*Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview*